It’s your first time at Trek or Treat and we want you to make the most of it! It’s not just about the run, it’s about the entire Halloween-y experience! Here are our top 5 ideas for how you can make the most of Trek or Treat!
1) Indulge. Halloween is a time when we let our otherwise healthy eating habits go by the wayside in favour of a little indulgence. Included in your registration is a slice of pizza, hot chocolate and coffee – which you can nosh on before your run or at the after party. You’ll need to exchange the tag on the bottom of the bib for your slice. Arriving early? This year we’ve got a Beaver Tail food truck on site! Enjoy this warm deep-fried pastry with your favourite toppings – from cinnamon sugar to chocolate banana! Of course, no Halloween party would be complete without candy! At our post race party you’ll find TONS of candy in bowls around the venue. Think 12,000 pieces of candy! From chocolate bars to Tootsie Rolls, enjoy your childhood favourites!
2) Say cheese! Our amazing event photographer Anthony will be back again this year with his gorgeous barn-board fall backdrop where you and your friends or family members can get a professional photo taken. The photos are available after the race for free – with no watermark! Great to share on social media feeds (hello, bragging rights!) or to share with grandparents keen to see you and your family dressed up for the season! This year we’ll also have photographers from ZoomPhoto.ca roaming the event capturing great shots of all the action.
3) Bring the kids! Our 5KM trail run is great for the (mature) 12 and up set, and our Creepy Mile is perfect for families with younger children. The displays along the Creepy Mile are friendly and not scary. No one will jump out at the kids and they can take a break mid-way along the course to enjoy a snack from our treat station. Before and after the race kids can enjoy free face painting, balloon animals and more at our indoor Halloween party.
4) Save time on race night and take advantage of early kit/bib pick up. This year we’ll be at Gears Bike Shop in Oakville (547 Trafalgar Road) on Tuesday, October 18th from 6 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. Early kit pick up allows you to enjoy a more leisurely night at Trek or Treat. Register by October 13th to be eligible for early kit pick up.
5) Dress up! While not mandatory, the majority of Trek-or-Treaters dress for the occaision. And by dress, we mean in costume! We’ve seen bananas and gorillas, sumo wrestlers and superheroes! Coming with your family or friends? Coordinate and come in your favourite team costume. Our past favourites include the band KISS and a family that dressed as the entire cast of the Wizard of Oz. Now that, that is how you do Trek or Treat!
There’s still time to register to get in on the fun! Visit www.trekortreat.ca to register today!